Tuesday, May 08, 2018

EDM - ear, nose or mouth

















I'm needing to think laterally on some of these challenges. I definitely did not want to draw a strangely floating eye, nose or mouth. I did enough of that when I was a child and I'm not going back there. So then I thought, a beautiful ear of corn on the cob encased in its lovely wrapping of green leaves. Sadly every shop in the area sells them denuded of their natural wrapping, chopped in half and packed in plastic packaging.

I then drove round the nearby countryside looking for an ear of wheat or oats or any kind of grain. But the fields seem to just be growing long grass type stuff without 'ears' which I reckon is the early stage before the grains appear.

Finally I remembered orecchiette pasta (the Italian for little ears) and I went to our lovely Italian delicatessen Buongiorno Italia , which has every shape of pasta on the planet and bought this beautiful package of orecchiette and an enormous football shaped aubergine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hashi said...

Nice creative thinking! And a beautiful rendering, as always.

5/09/2018 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home