Friday, January 13, 2012

E-pub and Kindle woes

redbooks
I recently did a crash course on producing e-publications for the iPad and the Kindle. However in an ever-moving field it can be really difficult to get up-to-date information on formatting e-publications. I had perfected my publication for the epub format but had one remaining problem which even two of the best known e-publication gurus were unable to solve for me. On the Kindle, no matter how I rewrote the code, my publication kept opening on the last page, rather than the first. And then I despairingly wrote about my problem on a forum and another book designer, Fiona Raven came to my rescue. She’d also battled with the same issue and having taken several weeks to solve the problem, very generously shared her solution with me. So if I have too much on to design a book for you myself I’d definitely recommend the generous talented Fiona, whose work can be seen here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Making A Mark said...

Hi Julie - I'm planning a short series of blog posts about epublishing for artists. Care to do an interview?

1/19/2012 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home