Saturday, December 31, 2011

Inspired!


I was looking at my flickr account today and came across a lovely comment by Thomas Thorspecken where he said

Just wanted to say that your 1 mile blog inspired me to begin my own sketch blog journey. I remember staying up late into the night reading every entry from day 1. Thank you.

Thor
analogartistdigitalworld.com


His blog and writing is an inspiration, so a wonderful compliment. It reminded me of how much I have enjoyed sketching and blogging over the past few years. Like so many people, the last couple of years have been very difficult in many ways for our family and panic about dealing with our problems has meant I have drifted away from doing the things that I should be doing to give myself inner peace. So I’m resolved to restore some balance so that I have the strength to deal with whatever life throws at us. So I hope that I will be visiting here more regularly than I have been over the last year. I wish you all a happy 2012.


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

Go for it, Julie. We all need that inner peace. A Happy 2012 to you and your family.
annie

12/31/2011 6:30 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

We all need that bit of inner peace, perhaps not walking and sketching every day, but at least once a week? I would join you.
so much has happened and I am not enjoying getting older but am still trying to make an effort.
May 2012 bring better times for all your family. Love to Xavier from both John and I.

1/01/2012 1:06 AM  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

It's wonderful that one comment make such a difference. Happy New Year Julie, I hope the difficulties of 2011 will give way to a happier and more fulfilling 2012!

1/01/2012 10:34 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Hello Annie, thank you for your good wishes for 2012.

Hi Penny, I'm definitely going to make sure I walk and sketch, and get the balance right between work and spiritual sustenance. I still have to work out how to manage my days with all the other things I'm now needing to deal with. So I'm still not sure how I'll manage it, though I think it will be at least a few blog posts, fresh air and sketches every week. Xavier sends his love back.

Hello Felicity, you're right, Thomas's comment was lovely and uplifting. I heard Terry Wogan on desert island discs this morning and he said that he thought that kindness was the most important human quality. I think he's absolutely right.

1/01/2012 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home