Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Blind contour drawing of Robin

rob_blind_contour
The weekly blind contour drawing challenge of Niff and Sutter was a mini sketchblogging phenomenon in the days before everyone migrated to Facebook. I can’t believe that it was as long as five years ago that there were a few months where everybody seemed to be joining in their Blind Contour Friday challenge. I’ve just looked at their blog and it peters out in 2009 and you can’t even search for blind contour on what’s left of their blog. So to see the sort of silly drawing we had fun creating, you can search for blind contour on this blog. And if you don’t know what a bind contour drawing is, it’s when you draw your subject without lifting the pen off the paper and without looking at the page (we all gave ourselves artistic licence to add colour afterwards).

1 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

I am amazed by the likeness in a blind contour, Julie. Well, of course, I have never seen Robin, but it resembles the drawings that I have seen. I am crazy about blind contours. It seems to me that they capture things that regular sketches don't... Maybe the extra lines give a sense of motion or liveliness? The mouth seems almost to move --or am I just imagining things? I am out of my depth here. But I love this one.
annie

3/03/2011 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home