Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Choices, choices

Option2
Option 1

Which option would you have chosen? A concert of Early English choral music accompanied by a string trio. The Carravagio painting ‘The lute player’ reflects the music and the trio, but the portrait is of Edward VI who commissioned one of the pieces and died at the young age of 15.
I couldn't choose so I left it to the St Albans Chamber choir to decide. And if if you're interested in buying tickets for the concert visit www.allaboutstalbans.com and if you want to find out more about the concert visit www.stalbanschamberchoir.org.uk

4 Comments:

Blogger Hashi said...

The top one, hands down. It's warmer, and much more inviting, with the lute player looking at me. I don't really care who commissioned one of the pieces, I am interested in what I'm going to get. I also prefer the headline typography in the top one.

2/15/2011 9:28 PM  
Blogger annie said...

As Hashi says...The lute player is very inviting in the top one.

annie

2/16/2011 12:16 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Top one - I agree - it looks much more 'lively' and inviting (even though references death.
My book is done at last - a full preview is on-line if you're interested. details on my blog. I hope all is well with you and your family. I'm still chugging along with my mother.

2/17/2011 11:13 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

You all have the same good taste! And you all chose the one the Choir went for.
Alison, the book looks wonderful! It's been a bit of difficult year for the Oakleys, but I'm sure it'll be better next year.

2/17/2011 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home