Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Woo-hoo I won a prize for blogging!

I've been blogging for five years and won a blogging competition prize last year. Winning prizes isn't going to pay the bills but it's nevertheless a reason to celebrate.

A couple of months back I shared with you the process of designing a corporate identity for cocona and how I solved the problem of producing printed materials when we only had low resolution photography (as the products being marketed were on a container ship in the middle of the ocean).

Well the lovely people at Moo have decided to give me a prize for my blog post. What’s more gratifying is that the prize offer came long after I’d written the post, so it really wasn’t written with one eye on the prize.*

So now I need to decide how to use my Moo vouchers. Hmm, business cards… post cards… greetings cards…

* though I confess I did change one line to mention Moo rather than a generic ‘variable print technology’

3 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

Oh, congratulations, Julie. What fun you can have with the Moo Vouchers--well, it has a SOUND like fun.

annie

10/20/2010 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie!

I am an art student in the US and I am interested to learn more about your blog and blogging in general.

First congrats for on winning your prize for blogging!

Next, I am doing a project on blogging and would like to ask a little advice from you.

First do you blog for a living or are you an artist first?

When in your career did you decide to start blogging?

If you do how do you make money from your blog?

How important is blogging to you? What do you think blogging adds to a career?

How do you find things to blog about?

Who would you say your audience is?

How do you get people to read and respond to your blog?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this! I hope to hear from you soon!


Trista Veith
col08016@byui.edu
tigertrista@gmail.com

11/16/2010 7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys, Austin from printpeppermint.com here.
I just wanted to jump in here and say that although Moo is an amazing company, their print quality is entirely digital and very average. If you're looking for more custom finishes and premium paper stocks, c'mon over to our site and give us a try. We'll even throw in a 10% off coupon just for the heck of it.

2/04/2017 3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home