Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ashridge woods

ashridge
While Robin was off breaking a world record (find an obscure enough activity and maybe we all could get into the Guinness book of records) I had a tedious weekend, which was only mildly diverting when I took Xavier and Rufus for a walk in the gorgeous woodland of Ashridge.
I know, I know – you're far more interested in what Robin did, so I won't keep you in suspense a moment longer. He and his fellow paddlers broke the world record for the longest distance covered in 24 hours by a dragonboat team. He is now probably going to have to spend the rest of the week standing up, if the glimpse I caught of those friction sores is anything to go by!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm very proud of you and your obscure blog and hobby. This is a delightful drawing, thank you so much for looking after the boys when I was away.
Robin

10/12/2010 11:04 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Your picture was too slow appearing (this time of night internet is slower) but congratulations to the rowers. The nearest we got to such boats was a few days ago for the Head of the River and Peceli stood next to a dragon boat! See pics in blog.
Wendy

10/14/2010 11:39 AM  
Blogger annie said...

Thought I already sent congrats. Here they are to the rowers-- well done, Robin, and I hope you are more comfortable by now.
annie

10/18/2010 2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home