Sunday, July 25, 2010

Look at Xavier’s blog

Today is your last chance to visit the St Albans Art Society exhibition at the Baptist Church Hall on Dagnall Street. I’m going to be there in a couple of hours doing my stint on the desk, so say hello if you read my blog.

This morning I’ve been giving my son Xavier a photoshop tutorial. He’s created some wonderful comic pages completely unsupervised. All I’ve done today is to show him how to scan his drawings, improve them in photoshop, add colour and then post to his blog. Do take a look at Xavier’s Artblog and encourage our young artist.
Which also leads me to another point – if you’re a local artist or illustrator and would like some personal tuition on how to use your scanner and Photoshop to enable you to present your work as well as possible – either to produce limited edition giclée prints or for putting onto the web, I’m happy to quote for a session either at my studio or yours. My contact details can all be found on my business website Julie Oakley Design.

Oops – just discovered the exhibition continues ’til next weekend – so a bit more time to see the art and snap up a bargain.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hello Julie,
Now I have lots of space on my 'new' hard-drive I am thinking I could use another image program - like photoshop, but which is free on the net. Have you any suggestions?
I looked up some sites but I don't know which ones are reliable. At present I only use picasa and an old one called photo-edit.
Wendy

7/26/2010 12:33 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

I use Photoshop because all my clients need me to use it. However the one that is the nearest equivalent that I've heard about, that is free is called Gimp.

I think it's good but not as user friendly as the programs you have to pay for, but I haven't used it myself.
I suggest googling Gimp and you may find something that gives further advice

7/26/2010 1:14 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Thanks Julie,
I looked up a few on the net and Gimp looked a bit awesome (meaning difficult) so I downloaded another, but it proved to have less possibilities than even Picasa. Photoshop is just too expensive for me to buy, so I'll keep looking around. I once did a course using Corel Draw and it was great fun, but again, the current Corel is expensive in the shops.
Wendy

7/27/2010 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home