Saturday, July 31, 2010

Inspiration in St Albans

inspiration
This weekend is your last chance to purchase a piece of art from the St Albans Art Society exhibition at the Baptist Church Hall in Dagnall Street. The little doodle in my sketchbook was inspired by my favourite painting in the exhibition. Regrettably I can't remember the artists's name but I think I spotted a gem in the racks of unframed paintings. It was a haunting Italian landscape and the artist was asking a laughably low price for the piece. Also this year there is a new prize – the St Albans trophy – which is awarded to the work judged to best capture the distinctive character of St Albans in an original way. So there are several paintings of local landmarks and scenes, if you’re looking for a piece of inexpensive original art that connects to the lovely place we live in.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie, I spotted this way too late, but thankyou so much for promoting the show on your blog.

Peter Osborne
St Albans Art Society

8/21/2010 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home