Monday, May 03, 2010

The Axe and Compasses pub

arkesden_pub_m
My husband has a weakness for the amateur, shambolic and down-market which delight and charm him. Me? I tend to find them depressing and soul-destroying, so even though I had suggested a visit to beautiful Saffron Walden and palatial Audley End House, we ended up at a privately owned toy museum/dinosaur ‘experience’ nearby, which was right up his street. On the way home we did, however, stop for a break in the beautiful little village of Arkesden, thatched cottages, stream running through the village, village church and the Axe and Compasses pub. So both of us enjoyed a bit of what we liked.

1 Comments:

Anonymous julie bean said...

Hi Julie,
I love your Blog! You are such a inspiration, I am so inspired with your "sketch blog", what a fun way to share your sketches. I love your fresh style and the energy in your sketches. I am an artist as well, good luck to you - keep sketching!
Julie Bean

5/04/2010 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home