Monday, April 12, 2010

The best presents so often cost absolutely nothing

birthdaywalk
Another 12th of April and another year older. My darling daughter gave me the best ever present. She jumped out of bed at the crack of dawn and tidied the house. She vacuumed, mopped and generally did all the things I hate to do. Then I dragged Xavier off with me, after his father had told him that his present to me was to be my companion on a long walk around the woods and fields. We walked and talked and sketched and Rufus did his hippopotamus impersonation in the muddy puddles. A lovely day so far.

5 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

What a perfect day, Julie. Happy Birthday!
annie

4/12/2010 10:40 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

A very happy birthday to you. Yes, what a present for someone to clean the house. Yesterday I had a phone call 'I'm coming around in ten minutes'. What a scatter on. I was in desperately awful trackies and the house was even worse than usual. I did (some of) it in time!
Wendy

4/13/2010 4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday big sister!

Rachel

4/13/2010 8:08 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

My belated good wishes too, Julie. Now I know exactly why I regret having no daughters!

4/13/2010 8:29 AM  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

Happy Belated Birthday Julie! That really sounded like a perfect day and such a lovely drawing to remember it by!

4/13/2010 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home