Monday, March 08, 2010

Our latest bed-time reading

justwilliam

For bed-time stories we’ve decided to take a break from the Harry Potter collection, and I read Xavier the first of the Just William stories. I was delighted that despite the fact that the book is nearly 90 years old he was nearly sick with laughter. As I put him to bed I said how much I enjoyed reading him a book that we both enjoyed and thanked him for never wanting me to read any of the tedious Thomas the Tank Engine collection. My other bête noire in children’s books is anything with the dead hand of Disney over it – they can do films, but my goodness don’t they just suck the life out of any book that they ‘adapt’?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you got to the tuna fish fudges yet?

Rachel

3/10/2010 1:52 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Get it right Rachel – it's sardine toffee!

3/11/2010 12:05 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Keep meaning to ask John if he was a relation but I have a feeling he wasnt, Beatrix Potter was.

3/11/2010 6:51 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Wow the inimitable Beatrix , how wonderful. Believe it or not, Penny Richmal Crompton was a woman - funny name for a woman isn't it?

3/11/2010 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home