Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My new portfolio website

At last it’s done.

Now for those of you that know me, I’m going to let you in on a secret. I had some miserable news before Christmas. One of my most important clients (a small part of a much larger organisation), who I’ve had a fantastic working relationship with over 16 years, had to end our working relationship.

No, they were not unhappy with my work – they’d been happy to stick with me for over 16 years, and gosh I was grateful to have such a long working relationship with them. It was simply that with a major re-branding exercise of the larger organisation, the marketing department of the umbrella organisation decided it made sense for all of their publications to be designed by one big design company.

So suddenly my lovely bread and butter job has disappeared, and I’ve got to fill the gap. So if any of you – my lovely readers – know of any organisation that is looking for a good designer, please will you point them in the direction of my portfolio website here. My forté is producing newsletters, magazines and long text documents, because as well as being a good all round print-designer, I am pretty damn good at proof-reading and sub-editing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anita Davies said...

Looks fabulous Julie, good luck!

1/19/2010 9:08 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

What a wonderful website so how can anyone resist taking you on!
I thought all my Christmases had come at once this morning when I found a Photoshop disc at the Donation in Kind depot - not suitable to send on to the bush schools in Fiji etc. Ahah I thought, this is for me, but when I read the fine print it was for a MAC!
w.

1/20/2010 10:37 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thanks Anita
Wendy, lets hope it does the trick. What a shame about the Photoshop disc!

1/20/2010 10:54 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Fabulous, Julie, the impact is terrific.

I have already put a link to you on the links page of our new website - I shall go at once and make sure it gets through to this portfolio. Not that our members are likely to be commissioning much in the way of design, but you never know.

1/21/2010 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home