Sunday, November 08, 2009

Poorly boy

sickxavier
Poor Xavier – almost the entire weekend nursing a queasy stomach, sick bowl at the ready. We did set off to see the annual big St Albans fireworks display but had to return before it started as he felt sick. And then poor Rufus, a shivering wreck terrified of all the bangs. So it’s been a very unproductive day – reading, watching television and comforting my two patients.

I spent most of my nursing time reading a book where the writer comments on one cliché following hot on the heels of another. (Ha – did you spot that?) It does make the process of writing a simple blog post very torturous when self-consciousness about one’s style creeps in. And it’s very silly of me – it’s not as though anyone comes to this blog to appreciate my writing.

4 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

Poor lamb. Hope he is on the mend now. You are so funny about the cliche book and I caught it, yes. Wadda ya mean we don't come to your blog to appreciate your writing?!
:)
annie

11/08/2009 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your two boys are feeling better. I have the same problem with my dogs at Chinese New Year with the fire crackers.

Rachel

11/09/2009 2:01 AM  
Blogger annie said...

PS Only our grandson is enthusiastic about fireworks, here. Our horses, too, go crazy when firecrackers go off. So much so that we are afraid that they will crash the fences and tear themselves.
annie

11/09/2009 2:31 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thanks Annie and Rachel they are both much better. I wish that the fireworks were for only one night, but we seem to have them for several days before and after November 5th so the poor animals have a tough time of it.

11/09/2009 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home