Monday, October 12, 2009

Another date screw-up

october9
I don’t know what happens with words when I draw. I reckon there’s a road in my brain and the neuro-whatever-they-ares have to make a choice ‘Now guys youse gotta choose – you go fer da words and da numbas and da dates or youse choose da pictures’. I don’t really know why the thing in my brain is something out of ‘The Sopranos’ but anyway the outcome is that if I attempt any kind of lettering in the midst of drawing, this spelling-bee queen becomes a hopeless drone. So just to clarify, this was in fact drawn on October 9 so please ignore the August in the drawing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hashi said...

I'm familiar with that effect when doing calligraphy. Miss Never-Lost-A-Spelling-Bee-In-Her-Life produces some astounding typos when concentrating on the letterforms.

10/12/2009 10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wsn't it the 9th of January (I would have said the next month but i can't spell that one.)

10/14/2009 9:28 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Ah Hashi - that rare creature, a graphic designer who can spell.

Anon - you could always ask your wife how to spell it - isn't that what you usually do?

10/14/2009 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home