Saturday, August 29, 2009

More Festival sketches

Merv Stutter presents
If the light was good enough and if I wasn’t overwhelmed with laughter or tears I tried to sketch in some of the fifteen or so shows we saw whilst in Edinburgh. Merv Stutter presents is one of the shows where you see snippets of shows from around the festival to help you choose what to see.
Texting teenagers
In between the shows, our teenagers were straight onto their mobile phones texting their friends.
Austen's women
Austen’s Women was an excellent one woman show, great fun for Austen fans.
I didn’t manage to sketch in Flo’s play ‘Round and Round the Garden’, but I wanted to mention how much I enjoyed it. Flo’s bit of ‘business’ attempting to put up deck chairs had me hooting with laughter – to such an extent that Tom had to try to stop me so that I didn’t wreck the play by setting off Flo. She has her last performance in ten minutes time, I hope they have another full house and a great appreciative audience like the evening we went.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

What a great life you have Julie. So much fun, so much to see, and even able to do sketches as well!
You lucky duck.
W.

8/30/2009 7:59 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Sounds as if it was wonderful and so glad that Flo's lot had full houses.
Not sure if we will get to Edinburgh, we are not going to be far away. Just not going to be enough time for all I want to do.

8/30/2009 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home