Friday, August 28, 2009

Grassmarket, Edinburgh

Grassmarket, Edinburgh
I’ve just come back from Edinburgh, so I’m going to interrupt the Greek holiday pictures to post my Edinburgh Festival sketches. This was drawn while waiting for teenage children to join me for lunch. I love Edinburgh, it is so much more beautiful than I imagined before I first visited it, three years ago. This part is full of interesting little shops and cafés. Flo spotted an old school teacher of hers wandering down the street and thrust a flyer for her show in his hands. I overheard him say to his wife as they left a vintage clothes shop ‘Y’know, I think all those clothes were secondhand’.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All "vintage" is is "secondhand" with extra $$$$$$

I wouldn't have been able to clothe myself when I was a student if vintage existed.

RachelXXX

8/28/2009 9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Julie

I love your blog..it's beautiful. I'm doing a (voluntary) community Noticeboard project in five Tesco stores in Nottingham and developing a community blog to go with it, writing articles etc.

One of the articles I'm writing is about a new baby and toddler group. Would you mind, if with attribution, I use your lovely baby and toddler image in the article?

The idea is to develop the blog into a website for small businesses that is profitable and to (eventually) use that profit to publish an (ad free) monthly community newspaper in Nottingham.

The blog address is:

http://nottinghamshopandsharecommunitynews.blogspot.com/

My email is paula.sharratt (at) googlemail.com.

If you'd like to write an article about your work I'd love to include it in the blog.

Kind regards (and keep up the beautiful drawing and painting...

Paula xxx


Kind regards

8/29/2009 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home