Monday, June 15, 2009

Christ Church, Spitalfields

Christ Church, Spitalfields
bus stop ladies
trainlady
On the spur of the moment I went into London to go to the Art Car Boot Fair, thinking I could sketch wacky looking artists and art buyers. I had no idea what a heaving mass of humanity the area around Brick Lane now is on a Sunday. It was very difficult to find the fair amongst everything else that was going on. When I eventually did, I have to say in the words of Sir Alan Sugar, most of it was a disappointing pile of tut. The crowds everywhere made it impossible to find a quiet corner to sketch, so I eventually retreated and had a cup of coffee near Liverpool Street Station, where I had a good view of Christ Church, Spitalfields.

4 Comments:

Blogger owenswain said...

The blue in the sky is singable - if I could sing. The lines in the woman's shirt beautifully desribe form without need for any other lines.

6/15/2009 11:43 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thanks Owen. I think it was very helpful of the lady to wear a striped shirt that day!

6/16/2009 9:37 AM  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

I know exactly where you were sitting! :) There's a very similar sketch on my blog back in January

6/16/2009 5:23 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

I searched out your picture Katherine - it's lovely. I reckon you were sitting on the other side of the road (I was on the left side facing the church)

6/16/2009 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home