Thursday, May 07, 2009

School pick-up time

pickuptime
Lightning-fast pen and ink sketches that could probably have been drawn outside any school anywhere in the world. I’ve made myself some tiny sketchbooks filled with bristol paper and the smooth as silk paper is perfect for speeding pens and brushpens. Although my handmade books are full of imperfections and wouldn’t stand much scrutiny from experienced, talented bookbinders – it nonetheless delights me that I’ve made a sketchbook that you cannot buy, you can buy pads of bristol paper or board but you cannot buy a bound sketchbook filled with this wonderful paper.

3 Comments:

Blogger owenswain said...

Beautiful character catches.

5/07/2009 1:24 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

THIS is what I would love to be able to capture! Great figure drawings with wonderful expressive line!
And thanks for dropping a line!
:-)

5/09/2009 11:09 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thanks Owen and Linda

5/12/2009 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home