Thursday, April 09, 2009

Flo sketches

flosketches
It’s funny the mistakes you make when you’re hand lettering. I am normally really good at spotting typos, spelling errors whatever – it’s one of the things that my design clients really value in me. I’m a freak of nature – a graphic designer who can spell! But allow me to indulge in a bit of frothy hand-lettering as in the picture of Tom two posts below and all my proof reading skills melt away. The drawing of Tom was done the day it was posted – and look at what has taken me a couple of days to notice! I reckon it must be a left-brain/right-brain conflict thing. I wonder if calligraphers regularly face this problem?

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Gardner said...

It's a great drawing just the same, my wife pointed out to me a while back that I'd miss-spelt my name when I signed a painting, I'm still pondering that one.

4/10/2009 4:17 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

I always hate that self conscious feeling when signing pictures - and yes I think I've got pretty close to doing the same thing.

4/12/2009 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home