Thursday, March 19, 2009

Swimming lesson

Sandringham school swimming pool
Every Monday I accompany Xavier to his swimming lesson at the local school swimming pool. Although normally I find chauffeuring children to sporting and other after-school activities a bit of a bore, I nevertheless quite enjoy this activity. I think I go into a sort of meditative trance as I sit on a comfortable bench in the warm steamy atmosphere. It’s almost like being in church and sshh, don’t tell anyone, but I much prefer it when I end up seated next to people I don’t know – so that for once – I’m enjoying inner contemplation, rather than chatting away..

2 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Don't you strike up conversations wtih strangers? I don't easily but Peceli does. He will talk to any Tomu, Dike, Ari anywhere. Maybe that's the Fijian way.
w.

3/20/2009 11:08 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Oh gosh yes I do Wendy - all the time - you can't shut me up. However this is one half hour a week where I quite enjoy just thinking to myself.

3/20/2009 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home