Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Mums’ night out

mumsnightsmall
A very enjoyable night out with all the primary school mums. The lone male was the class teacher who enthusiastically dragged the mums onto the dance floor. The restaurant was Anastasia’s in St Albans and they get a 9 out of 10 from me for food, value for money, and entertainment and I’m afraid a zero for insisting on keeping the music up at such a high volume in the early and middle part of the evening so that it was impossible to chat over dinner. You probably think it’s yet another sign of Julie getting old – but I have never been able to appreciate the joys of straining to hear your friends talk and having to shout over the dinner ’till you were hoarse.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hashi said...

I'm with you on the loud music. Love the energy in your sketches!

3/04/2009 1:07 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

What fun the drawings are, but I'm with you about not being funny trying to hear people talking above the din. I think cocktail party type of occasions are stupid. Four or five people around a table is better.
w.

3/05/2009 4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home