Sunday, March 22, 2009

Mothering Sunday sketches

ayresendmarch
xavierdrawing
All the others were out so Xavier and I took Rufus and a picnic to one of my favourite spots just beyond Langley Wood. I managed this tiny watercolour and a quick sketch of my artistic son. I said that eventually I’d be able to make money from my art when he grew up and became a famous artist/inventor/film director and the newspapers would pay me good money for drawings of him as a child. We also went for a little drive and as we drove past Shaw’s Corner, the home of George Bernard Shaw I told Xavier about his revolving writing summerhouse at the bottom of the garden, which allowed him to turn the summerhouse to let in the light as the sun moved across the sky. Xavier promised me that when he grows up and builds me my dream house that he will include a revolving garden studio.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carol Feldman said...

This landscape makes me sigh it is so beautiful.

3/22/2009 7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love seeing and hearing about your adventures with Xavier.

3/22/2009 8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely. Both of them. I haven't attempted people yet, but every time I see your pictures of your family I feel I must have a go - soon.

3/23/2009 7:40 AM  
Blogger Suma CM said...

Beautiful landscape, and very nice sketch of your son!


Cogito Ergo Suma
http://www.sumacm.blogspot.com

3/23/2009 2:10 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Pastoral, parental paradise. Lovely paintings and story.

3/24/2009 5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home