Sunday, February 01, 2009

St Albans market

Fruit and vegetables
I ventured out in the freezing cold to sketch at our Saturday market. This is the stall I usually buy my fruit and vegetables from. By the afternoon they put all the produce in bowls and sell them off at a pound a bowl (although I don’t think it’s necessarily any cheaper than the morning prices).
Meat Van
Further down the road there’s a big refrigerated van that sells meat. I never buy meat if I’m unsure of the provenance, so this van never gets my custom, though I love the red stripey apron the stall-holder wears. In the backgound you can see the old town hall.
Cold Smokers
The ground floor of the old town hall is a café and these smokers are having to sit outside behind the plant stall to drink their coffee as it is now illegal to smoke inside in the UK. When I see the little huddled groups of smokers outside most restaurants, pubs and offices I’m so grateful I kicked the habit.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are such lively and colorful drawings - I'm impressed that you could manage them in the cold. During our year of visits to London 2006-7, we waited patiently for the no-smoking ban to make our favorite Caffe Nero coffee shop tolerable.

2/01/2009 1:01 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

Poppped over here from Making a Mark and wanted to say that I love that top sketch (and I was there once many many moons ago...). I just noticed: you started blogging the same month as me!

2/01/2009 4:05 PM  
Anonymous global said...


the content of the discussion was very nice and I really liked it and very interesting. good luck .. !! sorry before I reserve the articles that might be useful for others , namely green world herbal thanks to the admin who has given me a comment here ..

11/05/2015 6:13 AM  
Blogger Obiuser said...

Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once
obat luka borok bernanah alami agar cepat kering,Cara Menyembuhkan Pengelihatan Mata Berkabut Atau Berasap Secara Alami

7/10/2018 8:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can only express a word of thanks. Because with the content on this blog I can add knowledge I, thank has been sharing this information. Do not forget to visit our website to share information and knowledge about health.
obat herbal penyakit hisprung
Obat batuk Kering
OBAT KLIYENGAN ALAMI
obat benjolan di kelopak mata
cara pemesanan QnC Jelly Gamat
cara mengobati usus kotor

11/09/2018 3:09 AM  
Blogger Christian said...


Good information. i like this srticle. This is the best blog.. Good luck..!!
Cara Mengobati Sangkadi
Cara Mengobati Scabies
Cara Mengobati Babak
obat mani encer di apotik
obat pelancar haid

3/14/2019 3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home