Friday, February 27, 2009

Bodleian Library, Oxford

The Bodleian library
I had a lovely day out yesterday having lunch with my friend, Jenny, in Oxford, shopping and followed by us taking my daughter Flo out for afternoon tea at the Randolph hotel. The maître d very kindly provided a student’s doggy bag for the huge quantity of scones and cakes that we couldn’t manage to eat. While my bibliophile friend spent half an hour in one of the bookshops I took a bit of time to sketch a view of the wonderful Bodleian library. Oxford is so gorgeous it really doesn’t matter which street you’re on, there’s always some lovely bit of architecture to delight you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

My father was a Rhodes Scholar and went to Cambridge so I have only been there, very briefly but Oxford looks lovely too. I havent had time to catch up but heavens Xavier is growing, and I love your observations of grandmothers, dont think I am one of those but perhaps I could be!
As usual lovely sketches. Is time getting away from us all?
miss my walking and sketching days.

3/01/2009 8:59 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Cambridge is gorgeous - we were there last week. I suppose the difference between the two is that Oxford is a lot bigger and it also has a 'real' side to it - a big car factory, so not exclusively a dreaming spires city.

3/02/2009 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home