Monday, January 26, 2009


Hugo absorbed in skateboarding films on YouTube. And this is my 300th sketch for my family portrait blog.
Pen and ink in sketchbook


Blogger Rob Carey said...

Great quickie sketch! Isn't youtube amazing? My son now watches drummers to give him inspiration for his drum lessons.

1/26/2009 2:28 PM  
Blogger annie said...

Congrats on your 300th, Julie. They are such fun to follow. And I agree with Rob, YouTube IS amazing. I learned some sumi-e from two artists there that I needed but that a book couldn't show.

1/28/2009 4:40 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thanks Rob, I tend to steer clear of youtube - I have way too many ways of avoiding work as it is!
Thanks Annie - I hope the kids will enjoy looking back on these.

1/29/2009 7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do boys always sit like that?! :-) Just found your blog and am looking forward to looking through more of your sketches. This one reminds me of my brother - the look of absolute immersion.

2/09/2009 4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home