Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A dark day for comedians

obama
In this house strange cryptic messages appear regularly on the side of the bath (often limited by the available letters) but yesterday’s message was all too obvious. However in the midst of all this joy, please take a moment to empathise with the grief of comedians, sketch writers and cartoonists. What happens to your career when after the glorious send-upability of the Bush years, you are faced with a President who is cool, compassionate and intelligent?*.

*And very handsome.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hashi said...

I KNOW!!

1/22/2009 12:56 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

This made me smile because each day on our bath tiles, is a new message. You see my daughter had a set of bath crayons in her christmas stocking. Father Christmas had no idea that it's not that easy to get the stains off though!;)x

1/22/2009 9:52 AM  
Blogger annie said...

The bathtub art at your house must keep you smiling, and I'm glad to get the warning from Jessie Lilac about the bath crayons. I won't get them for my grandson, after all.

I also grieve for our cartoonists and stand up comedians. They will have to work much harder to make us smile.
annie

1/22/2009 3:49 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Moveable letters - great! This guy has such a burden and expectations put on his shoulders which aren't that broad really. I read about his early life and he certainly has a strange, irregular childhood which makes it amazing how far he has gone. He needs teamwork now.
w.

1/22/2009 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home