Friday, December 12, 2008

O' Neill's Bar, formerly The Peacock

O'neill's Bar St Albans
Feeling as though I’ve been slacking a bit on the Urban Sketcher’s blog, so I stopped to sketch in the car on the way back from getting the grey covered at the hairdressers.


At the hairdressers I had a man sitting next to me having the same thing done to his hair. I know I’m probably horribly old-fashioned but I’m not sure whether I’m keen on these body conscious men. The latest L’Oréal ad with Piers Brosnan spouting the merits of man moisturiser and finishing off with ‘…because you’re worth it’ makes me cringe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Yuk! Him, not you! I didn't like the female version - this is worse. and it definitely doesn't go with the Bond image.

12/13/2008 7:10 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Although, on second thoughts, old Roger Moore was such a smoothie as Bond that I could see him filling up his wrinkles at bedtime!

12/13/2008 7:13 AM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

I once thought that the good-looking Irishman was quite a honey, but later decided he was too focused on how beautiful he was! And he certainly can't sing. I guess that men can look after their skin, hair, health - that's okay, but to blather on about it is silly. Coconut oil is fine for men and women anyway.
w.

12/14/2008 12:14 PM  
Blogger TSL said...

Thank you for giving me my first laugh in two days!!! You are so funny, what a riot, this was great.

12/17/2008 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home