Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What I’d give to be in America today


Here in England the day that Labour came into power after nearly 20 years of Conservative rule, we all walked round with smiles on our faces – including the most hardened Tories. It must be like that, but ten times better. Good on you America, I think the whole world is smiling with you.

*Edited to add this lovely intimate photo of the Obama family on election night. More pics can be seen on Barack Obama's Flickr account here.

6 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

Thanks, Julie. Appreciate your good wishes.

11/05/2008 7:27 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Not sure I'm altogether happy with the parallel, Julie. Now, yes, but will there be disappointment to follow? I do hope not.

By the way, I wonder if your Annie is my Annie who comments on my blog. Neither of them offeres a profile, so we can't tell unless she tells us. How about it Annie?

11/05/2008 9:28 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Yes, he is the man for our time. His intelligent speech was superb. Of course it's a long road ahead with so many negatives. His bio is interesting. Not from a millionaire's family at all. He's been through it all.
w.

11/06/2008 1:13 AM  
Blogger annie said...

Yes, Judith, same annie,old Yankee Girl transplanted to Texas and a
beginner at sketching and painting, too computer-illiterate to post on a blog, and a proud Gramma and babysitter for a boy about a year younger than Xavier who is just starting Pre-school. I'll put this on your email or blog if I can find a place.

11/06/2008 5:37 AM  
Blogger nzm said...

See those bottles on the table?

That's Fiji water!

11/11/2008 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I join the happiness crew, and can't wait to see what happens here. It has been a while since I wasn't embarrassed to say "American," when asked. Thanks for the lovely photo.

11/15/2008 3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home