Friday, November 21, 2008

Urban sketcher at Kashu restaurant

Kashu restaurant, St Albans
I’m thrilled to have been invited to join the Urban Sketchers blog as the St Albans correspondent. The weather here is freezing at the moment and the thought of standing out in the cold to capture something that’s iconic of St Albans for my first post fills me with dread. I’ve obviously turned into a bit of a softie since I finished my ‘One Mile from Home’ project, so this is just the spur I need. Either that or we’re going to have spend a lot of money eating out so that all my sketches can be from the comfort of warm restaurants.
Pen and watercolour in sketchbook

4 Comments:

Blogger annie said...

Yay, Julie. Here's to some warm days so it will be more comfortable for you to show us the towns in your life. That is a great sketch of Xavier.
annie

11/21/2008 10:06 PM  
Blogger RobCarey said...

Welcome to Urban Sketchers- I love this warm, happy restaurant scene and the choice of colors.

11/22/2008 7:03 AM  
Blogger M Bodhisattva Hill said...

I have nominated your blog for another (well-deserved) award. Check out my blog for details.

11/22/2008 7:03 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I love the limited pallette you've used here. Congratulations joining urban sketchers.

11/26/2008 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home