Monday, October 20, 2008

Year long challenges

My friend Fiona has started a year-long challenge blog, which I’ve only just discovered. She’s challenged herself to create a stitch picture a day for year and so far it’s absolutely gorgeous. She’s kindly let me use one of her pictures here so that you can see what I mean, but do go over to her blog to see some of her other pictures and while you’re there make sure you read the October 18th entry.
My own ‘One Mile from Home’ art challenge was, I found, quite a commitment but I felt it was hugely beneficial to my creativity and is something I’m really glad I did. My ‘Family Portrait’ challenge has suffered a bit from ‘stickability’ on my part. However I know that I will always treasure drawings of my family. So I’ve decided that although my Family Portrait year is over I’m just going to continue posting pictures of my family to the Family Portrait blog. I think I’m going to have to seriously think about another challenge…

1 Comments:

Blogger Zoya said...

The commitment of both you and your friend is very inspirational. Looking forward to seeing what new challenge you'll come up with.

10/20/2008 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home