Monday, October 06, 2008

Last lunch with Flo

floattrout
Yesterday we took Flo to start university. We booked a restaurant table at the nearby Trout Inn. For those of you who live further afield but have enjoyed the Inspector Morse series it’s the pub by the weir that is seen in several of the episodes. Now it’s been tarted up and although a pleasant enough restaurant, barely passes muster as a pub. Flo was so excited to be going at last that quite frankly we might as well have eaten at the local McDonald’s. And of course as soon as we had deposited her at her college, discovered that in fact she did need a duvet and pillow, bought requisite duvet and pillow and returned items to college she was shooing us out, desperate to get on with her new life. I’m so happy for her, I’m sure she is going to have a wonderful three or four years.
Today, despite the trainwreck of her bedroom, I missed Flo’s presence round the house and worst of all I missed my perfect companion for our weekly dose of University Challenge. I rather pathetically looked around her college website so that I could imagine what she was doing today. If she’s missing me she can also look there because to my surprise I discovered me here in the sixth photo down quaffing champagne on the left of the picture.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hashi said...

Oh, I feel for you! She leaves a big hole behind.

10/07/2008 12:29 AM  
Blogger annie said...

As hashi says, a very big hole, and I
know that sinking feeling,too. But what fun to see you in that picture,especially since it can be enlarged, so it's definitely Mum.

10/07/2008 8:35 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Oh, you have to let them go! But for us it was a bit strange as our eldest son was at Deakin Uni in Geelong the same time as me - and we graduated together! One in Science, me in music stuff. I am sure she will hve a super time at uni. and you will have fun times catching up with her for story-telling too.
w.

10/07/2008 11:22 PM  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Gosh reading what you wrote took me back to when it was me going to college. I remember that feeling of going up really well and yet's it so long ago now. I also well remember that bit where you find you haven't got all the right things and how awfully well organised other people seemed to be about things!

I can see you quaffing!

How did you get the bike there?

10/11/2008 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home