Monday, September 08, 2008

Napiers, Edinburgh

napiers
I managed a sketch of this lovely building last month, while Tom and I waited to see the show that should win the prize for the worst show with the best marketing at the Edinburgh fringe. So despite wasting a tedious hour watching the show Tom is still entranced enough with the marketing to still be wearing his ‘This show belongs to Lionel Ritchie’ badge. It might just be me but I need wit and impeccable timing to enjoy comedy – surrealism without those elements and in the company of an audience who seemed as bored as I was, was the only blip on an otherwise marvellous and entertaining few days.
Pen and watercolour

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely drawing

9/15/2008 10:10 PM  
Blogger joanieART said...

First of all I LOVE Edinburgh, and I love your drawing. Ink and watercolor I find so compelling, fresh, the ink lines lend such sturdiness, and the color...well, ah, color!

Your blog is great, I'll be back.
There's such freshness to your work.

9/26/2008 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home