Saturday, August 16, 2008

Family on the beach

blackrocksands
We’ve been away for a week in beautiful Snowdonia. And it rained and rained and rained. Wales is always wet when I visit and this excelled all the previous times for wetness. To keep costs down we stayed in a caravan and I discovered the delights of being wet all day and then slipping into damp sheets at night, so I think I’m going to abandon thoughts of a caravanning retirement. Despite the horrible weather a good time was had by all. We saw the most beautiful scenery, however I was only ever able to sketch when the rest of the family stayed in one spot so the most beautiful scenes are in my memory not in my sketchbook. This was a brief visit to Blackrock Sands in between downpours.
Watercolour and pen in sketchbook

3 Comments:

Blogger Making A Mark said...

When it rains in Wales it's very very wet - but when it's not raining it can be very very nice. That sketch looks a scene from my childhood!

8/17/2008 8:37 AM  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

I'm not a great fan of Wales (one cottage holiday there was an absolute nightmare, and that after DH talked me into going to prove I was wrong!) or caravans. Although I used to go to Ireland every year as a child and stayed in a caravan and remember it as a magical experience, so I can understand how enjoyable it is too! In fact the beach looked just like this -without the 4X4s! Can almost feel the breeze looking at this, it's super!

8/17/2008 11:34 AM  
Blogger Jan Allsopp said...

This is a gorgeous sketch!!!

8/21/2008 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home