Monday, July 14, 2008

Watching the Tour de France

The only sport that we both enjoy watching. And a sport that really is better watched on television than in real life. I’m so glad I weaned myself off the only other sport I liked watching. After spending what seemed to be the entire summer term watching tennis when I was doing 'O' levels, I realised drastic action was needed so the next summer it was cold turkey. I have to keep my distance from televisions during Wimbledon fortnight, it would just take an idle glance at a rally between a couple of players and all my good work would be undone and I would be feverishly looking forward to my next fix. Much better to spend my time trying to do things.

Brushpen in sketchbook


Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

This is so funny - while the macho guys get into the action, your honey just lies there! One lady in her 80s told me at the bus stop - a couple of months ago - she was off to Europe (won't give her money to her kids she said) and I thought she meant art and stuff. No it was to see the Tour de France!

7/15/2008 11:28 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Yes but he does cycle to work and back every day!

7/16/2008 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home