Monday, July 14, 2008

Watching the Tour de France

tourwatcher
The only sport that we both enjoy watching. And a sport that really is better watched on television than in real life. I’m so glad I weaned myself off the only other sport I liked watching. After spending what seemed to be the entire summer term watching tennis when I was doing 'O' levels, I realised drastic action was needed so the next summer it was cold turkey. I have to keep my distance from televisions during Wimbledon fortnight, it would just take an idle glance at a rally between a couple of players and all my good work would be undone and I would be feverishly looking forward to my next fix. Much better to spend my time trying to do things.

Brushpen in sketchbook

2 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

This is so funny - while the macho guys get into the action, your honey just lies there! One lady in her 80s told me at the bus stop - a couple of months ago - she was off to Europe (won't give her money to her kids she said) and I thought she meant art and stuff. No it was to see the Tour de France!
w.

7/15/2008 11:28 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Yes but he does cycle to work and back every day!

7/16/2008 11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home