Friday, June 27, 2008

Sew darn good

Those of you who visit my blog regularly may notice that there is a complete dearth of posts on sewing, stitching and all arts and crafts that involve needles. I draw, I paint, I cook – something has to give. I think the last time I sewed something was in 1980. I was ambitiously attempting to make myself a suit and half-way through this doomed enterprise I realised that the fabric had cost me more than buying something off the shelf, and I didn’t even know if my bum would look big in the finished outfit. So that was it – I foreswore sewing from that day on. However one of my real live in-the-flesh friends, Fiona, who is a published author to boot, has started a blog on stitching, crafting and sewing. So when you feel the need for art of the needle and thread variety do go and visit ‘Sew darn good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Hi Julie,
I'm a lefthander and at school sewing was a disaster yet - to train to be an art teacher we had to do needlework - and I made my own dresses like sacks then - and I even taught needlework! Those poor kids! I really admire magical quilts and textile art. Maybe one day...
w.

6/28/2008 1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home