Thursday, June 12, 2008

Last episode of ‘The Apprentice’

watchingapprentice
We’ll miss our wednesday evening TV highlight of the week. Although I think that TV-watching can be the most appalling waste of time, sucking the life out of you, sometimes it can be an incredibly positive shared experience for a family. Especially when we’re all laughing at the antics of the participants. The thought that anyone would be prepared to employ any of them for a six-figure salary is so extraordinary I can only think that the salary is simply a cheap way for the production company to encourage a dozen self-serving individuals to perform for our entertainment. I’m glad Lee won, he was nice, even though he was a bit of an idiot, I hope he enjoys his year.
Pen in sketchbook

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathy Gatland said...

Hi Julie - have just had a little cruise around your blog and have so enjoyed it. I love your family sketches, as one who also grabs every opportunity to do that (quote:"don't keep still too long or she'll draw you!")and just wish I'd started earlier. Yours don't seem to mind at all - maybe just used to it!

6/12/2008 12:27 PM  
Blogger Felicity Grace said...

I got sucked into this too, although I've never watched it before - watched one and that was it. It's strangely compelling and amazing how full of air those contenders are! It's great that you used it as an opportunity for a sketch though, you're going to have a wonderful collection to look back on.

6/13/2008 10:22 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Cathy thanks very much. I wish I had started earlier too. My daughter gets quite stroppy about it and doesn't co-operate much so the portraits of her are the worst.
Felicity, in our family it's the only unmissable programme.

6/14/2008 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home