Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Ever-moving Flo

flowatching-apprentice
Unlike the drawing below (which I’m rather pleased with) this bears absolutely no resemblance to Flo. She will not take seriously my pleas to stay still just a little while. So while I drew this her head bobbed left and right and up and down. Her hair was scraped back, tied up, let down and twiddled by her fingers. She smiled, she frowned, she laughed. Me? I tried not to cry at yet another disastrous sketch.
Pencil in sketchbook

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Your drawings are getting better and better and even ifg I dont know what Flo really looks like, this is a great drawing

6/05/2008 8:12 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Well Penny for better or worse they get put up! I forget at times what a lovely responsive medium a simple pencil can be.

6/05/2008 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say it doesn't look like her, but it's a beautiful drawing and so full of life. What patience you must have continuing with the drawing while she's moving about!

6/05/2008 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home