Monday, May 12, 2008

Ruth in odalisque pose at the paper mill

ruthsmall
A gorgeous sunny weekend. I didn’t really feel like going to the life drawing session on Saturday. I think sometimes as a mother I spend so much time doing things for and with my children I feel a bit at a loss doing things on my own.The thought of a few hours of drawing without having to break off to clean something or cook something can be almost intimidating. I am glad though when I make myself do it.
Watercolour and pencil 21 x 13 inches on Winsor and Newton rough watercolour paper

5 Comments:

Blogger Anita Davies said...

I'm glad too, this is wonderful!!!

5/12/2008 11:56 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Thanks Anita

5/13/2008 10:32 PM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

Lovely job on this, Julie. I'm glad you went, too. I know what you mean about the free time stuff; sometimes when you have it it's overwhelming.

5/14/2008 2:33 AM  
Blogger Catherine Nelson-Pollard said...

Hello from Switzerland,

Just came across your blog via a Lucy Pepper linky.

It's delightful. I am very envious of those folk who can illustrate, and your illustrations are lovely.
I'll think I'll create an illustration blog roll as I already have "Wild Yorkshire" on there already.

Regards Catherine

5/15/2008 8:14 AM  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

Lovely painting - what a nice way to spend a Saturday!

5/25/2008 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home