Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My mother’s day present

handful
I’m having a go at oil painting for the first time in my life so no sketches for today, but a photo of one of Xavier’s creations instead. He made this decorated biscuit (using a template of his own hand) as a present for me for mother’s day. We brought it home from school and as I prepared supper for the family Xavier sat at the breakfast bar looking longingly at his creation. Out of the corner of my eye I could see him surreptitiously peeling off bits of chocolate and hundreds and thousands in the hope that I wouldn’t notice the difference. He was trying so hard to be good, so he was enormously relieved when I said, ‘I tell you what, let’s share the biscuit now’. The one finger I managed to taste was delicious!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Oh julie, this whole post is just wonderful! You got a big chuckle out of me when I popped open your blog. How sweet of you to share (glad you got one finger). Good luck with the oil painting, looking forward to seeing some of your practice stuff...

3/13/2008 3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home