Saturday, March 08, 2008

A day of life drawing – and apologies

elainewithslipperssmall
A wonderful four hour life-drawing session. A very well equipped studio and – the icing on the cake – Jim, who organises the monthly sessions laid on proper fresh coffee (unlike the filthy instant muck that most of us expect to drink). I must take this opportunity to apologise to the numerous people who’ve contacted me through this blog recently, that I haven’t replied to or acknowledged. I’m finding life is getting in the way and I just can’t manage my time to be as courteous as I would like to be. Oh gosh, it is so difficult trying to fit in the million and one things that you want to. Anyway, please excuse me but there are tooo many demands on my time at the moment.
Anyway this one took about 20 minutes and is pencil and watercolour on a half imperial sheet of handmade watercolour paper.

2 Comments:

Blogger FRANKYE said...

Julie, I think that this is perfectly beautiful. The angle, colors, edges and proportion, seem perfect to me. The illusion of light on her buttocks, and up along her side, draws my eye right up toward her head, around her shoulders and then back down to her feet. I'm glad that you added the slippers, they are a good entry into the painting. Well done!

3/09/2008 7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie
I've been lurking around the EDM superblog and came across your lovely drawings. I just wanted to let you know that Ive really enjoyed them and I know what it's like when life takes you away from your creative life force, but perhaps that makes our creativity more precious. Lorlor.

3/09/2008 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home