Thursday, February 14, 2008

Tom reading on the train

Pen with digitally added colour


Blogger Penny said...

well the masthead is certainly different!
Love Xavier in his pose. Tom looks terrific and I love the color you are adding. I have just found in a friends bookshelf David Gentleman's Britain, I love the way he draws and paints and some are very reminiscent of your sketches. Infact I have just bought a 2nd hand copy.
Feel I havent dropped in often enough lately.

2/14/2008 10:00 PM  
Blogger Lost In Wonder said...

I love how you've really conveyed expression and mood in this. It looks like a quick sketch, but you did so much with such minimal line work.

2/15/2008 2:18 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

The simple use of colour does add toa the drawing. What do your kids say about their portraits being on the world-wide-web?

2/16/2008 2:12 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Penny it's difficult to fit in the time to draw and visit and comment so I appreciate you taking the time but don't expect it.

Lost in wonder, those kids of mine move so much I do have to focus incredibly hard for the few moments I can manage and try to keep the number of lines down.

Wendy I agree, though sometimes I go through phases of preferring the unadorned honesty of a simple black and white sketch. The kids don't seem to mind their 'fame'.

Sorry everyone for not responding earlier, blogger isn't e-mailing me comments for some reason

2/17/2008 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home