Monday, February 25, 2008

Found type

foundtype
Whilst walking on Nomansland common I found this memorial carved into the glorious tree-climbing tree by someone who loved type and Margaret Field. Despite the words breaking up slightly where the bark has split the type, it’s still very recognisably ‘Desdemona’ which fits in rather beautifully with the art nouveau feel of the sinewy flowing branches of the tree. Photo taken on my mobile phone (the latest toy to force me to keep up with all the youthful mobile-phone literate texting mothers).

2 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

That's very clear for a mobile phone picture. I hope your mobile pics aren't going to make you stop drawing as you stroll! If I could snaffle the camera off Peceli I'd get some good shots too, but he takes it everywhere he goes!
w.

2/27/2008 4:26 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

Wendy, I got a deal on a phone with a very good camera. I never used to bother carrying my previous brick-like phone, but I thought that if it had a half decent camera I might remember to carry it round. However the camera won't be a substitute for drawing.

2/27/2008 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home