Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sharing the settee

hugoandflo
This is probably the longest break I’ve had from blogging apart from summer holiday breaks. I have had flu and a cold and swollen glands and as soon as I’ve recovered from one horrible cold another has started. I am heartily sick of feeling achey and not being able to breathe or sleep properly. Luckily for the entire Christmas period we have been guests of friends and family and so the most challenging task I’ve had was to cook a few vegetables. I hope I’ll be back on form soon.

Flo is reading Ian McEwan’s book ‘Atonement’ in this drawing. She’s been desperate to indulge in reading a novel, but immediately prior to her Oxford interview she felt she could only allow herself to read books like Fermat’s Last Theorem or to revise mathematical concepts. Thank you everyone who has shared in our delight at Flo’s provisional university offer, I really appreciate your support.

Brushpen in sketchbook

2 Comments:

Blogger Felicity Grace said...

Happy New Year Julie, I'm sure it will be an excellent one for you and your family! Hope your virus dies a quick death ;), I picked one up in the UK and sympathise! This is one scene that I'll never draw - my eldest always has to have his own space even if it means hogging the largest sofa!

1/01/2008 9:24 AM  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

How are you feeling now? Christmas on top of flu is not a good combination........

I hope everybody pulled their weight on the day.

1/02/2008 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home