A drawing last thing last night.
I’ve been tagged twice so let’s see if I can find seven things to say about me using this drawing as a starting point.
1. I like to wear a watch all the time, so I usually wear a waterproof Swatch until it falls apart and then buy another one.
2. This one was a present. It has a red strap and a lovely simple face and fact number two – the numerals are Gill Sans – one of my all time favourite typefaces.
3. I have never had a professional manicure. I’d have to be very rich and underemployed to find the time or money to indulge in such a thing.
4. I’d love to have a small table with a three way mirror to sit at and apply make-up to my increasingly wrinkled face, but my house is too cluttered to fit one in, so I usually sit perched on the edge of the bed squinting into a hand mirror like this one if an occasion demands a bit of lippy.
5. I have pathetically small hands. One important reason to keep my husband is so that I don’t die of starvation surrounded by unopened jars of food.
6. I never managed to fill a sketchbook as a student. I discovered over twenty years later that always carrying a small sketchbook such as this one and a single simple drawing implement such as a pen or pencil was the way to get over sketchbook phobia.
7. I first discovered I was very short sighted when I was eight. I was walking across the Fijian island of Nananu-i-Ra with my father and he pointed out an island in the distance which I couldn’t see.
I won’t pass on the tag as everyone I know seems to have been tagged.
210mm x 150mm pencil in small sketchbook