Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Folding laundry and the solipsistic musings of a four year old

foldinglaundry
A favourite way of getting this chore done is to do it while watching TV. We really need some light bulbs for the central light – we’re down to one low watt bulb when there should be three, so goodness knows which paints I was using.

On my walk to school with Xavier this morning, he came up with an interesting philosophy. He told me that Jesus made us all, but he made children, children and adults, adults. It was simply a figment of my imagination that I thought that I had been a child. And that all adults were created to believe that they had once been children, even though they had in fact been created as fully formed adults. I asked him if that meant that he would be a child forever and he told me that yes that was the case. So it looks as though I’m going to be walking the school walk for a long time. I just hope this eternal child tires of all the plastic toys that fill up every corner of the house, so that this eternal adult can enjoy a bit of uncluttered adult space.

175mm x 235mm ink brushpen and watercolour

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful imagination! My 4 yr. old granddaughter has some very creative thoughts, also.

I have enjoyed seeing Xavier "growing up" (or not) in your daily art.

10/04/2007 7:05 PM  
Blogger Judybec said...

Xavier sounds like fun! Reminds me of my son when he was 3, (he's 12 now), he said he'd NEVER turn 4. And he didn't ...he just kept saying he was 3 for most of his 4th year. :)
btw...I love your blog.... this is the first I've been here.... I'll be checking back!

10/05/2007 12:32 AM  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

The things they come out with at that age are great!

10/05/2007 8:42 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

I must remember to send that one around to my friends He is wonderful and it is marvellous that you are keeping those memories here.

10/06/2007 12:28 AM  
Blogger MD said...

I love the feel of this, and the pen work is so expressive.
MD

10/14/2007 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home