Thursday, October 18, 2007

Donna dozing

pronenude
This was the best of last night’s life drawing session. I have to arrive early and set out all my materials in advance if I am to get the best out of my limited opportunity to draw models and unfortunately the family supper of Venetian ghetto chicken took longer to prepare and eat than I expected. The next session I go to in three weeks time, I’ll leave out a loaf of bread and a few tins of beans and leave them to get on with it.
570mm x 260mm pencil and watercolour on W&N watercolour paper

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this painting. Your shading really makes me "feel" the volume.

10/18/2007 9:38 PM  
Blogger Anita Davies said...

Beautiful, you have captured her relaxed state wonderfully.

10/18/2007 11:28 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

What a lovely pose and you have captured it beautifully, long limbs and graceful.
Next time, don't cook special food if you have an important class! Guys and teenage girls too need to know basic skills such as cooking a meal nicely.
w.

10/19/2007 4:12 AM  
Blogger Karen Sandstrom said...

Beautifully rendered. And I don't know what venetian ghetto chicken is, but i want some. ;-)

10/19/2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger caseytoussaint said...

This is great, Julie! I can never get more than charcoal drawings done at life class - you inspire me to try harder.

10/19/2007 2:52 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

I agree, this is quite lovely, oh to get the depth of shading that you have.
Bread and beans sound good, you do need a bit of 'your time'.

10/21/2007 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home