Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Xavier resting

xavierresting
hammondsfield
hammondslane
Xavier and I took Rufus for a walk on loop that usually takes me about 45 minutes on my own. Luckily we’d had a big breakfast and there were plenty of blackberries, as it took us about four hours with all the rests Xavier demanded, where he told me I should draw. Xavier starts primary school the day after tomorrow – and no I don’t feel in the least bit weepy about the last of my children off to school. I’m counting the minutes for when I’ll have some time to think without the incessant demands of the little emperor.
All 195mm x 140mm pen and watercolour in small sketchbook

4 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

Mmmm, so that explains the numerous sketches of the kid! When my youngest started school, I stopped teaching. Sounds back to front, but I was tired by then - three jobs in one body - teacher/mum/clergyman's wife. Soon after though, I got bored and started uni study again - off-campus and never looked back.
w.

9/05/2007 1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made quite a few drawings too of my youngest in the year before she started school. I'm so glad I did now because these days she's never here! x

9/05/2007 10:22 AM  
Blogger Making A Mark said...

The notion of Xavier telling your where you should draw had me in stitches! :D

So what are your plans for all this 'free time'? ;)

9/05/2007 3:02 PM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

My plans for the so-called free time is to try and do properly the things I was attempting to do whilst running round after the little emperor. Get my house and office and business into some sort of order. Oh the bliss of six uninterrupted hours!

9/05/2007 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home