Thursday, September 27, 2007

Normal service will resume

Prompted by a solicitous enquiry by one of my fellow bloggers I thought I'd explain the quiet on this blog over the past few days.I have done quick daily sketches since saturday but I’ve been too busy with the day job to scan and post. Then yesterday my hard disk died on me, just when I needed it most for paid work. So yesterday was horrible. Spending all day at a computer repair company and in traffic jams on the M25. Ghastly. And loads of money. Though I did tell my knight in shining armour of a repair man that if I didn’t already have four children, I’d love to have his babies.
Today I have to meet my deadlines and still rebuild the house of cards that is my combination of hardware, applications and utilities, and the kids all need outfits for a wedding on saturday, and an event we’ve agreed to go to on Friday afternoon – so probably won’t get on top of things for a while. But phew my tools of work are getting back into working order.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anita Davies said...

Sounds like an absolute nightmare!
Wishing you easier days ahead Julie.

9/27/2007 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think you're a miracle worker! Hope you have a lovely weekend. x

9/27/2007 3:11 PM  
Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

What a gorgeous life you lead, a fine man, beaut kids, bling clothes for a wedding, a job and a fix-it superman. Enjoy it all.
w.

9/28/2007 4:51 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Glad life is in the normal lane!!

9/28/2007 6:52 AM  
Blogger Nina Khashchina aka Apple-Pine said...

good luck surviving this weekend! Hope to see more daily sketches soon. Are you still walking from time to time? (most of the latest sketches are from indoors... :)
thanks for sharing!
nina

9/29/2007 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home