Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Flo in Florians

florians
I know that Venice is supposed to be horribly expensive, but as London is so much worse we were well prepared. The eight euros each for a pot of Earl Grey tea was worth it to sit in this gilded, painting encrusted tea-room on St Mark’s square. We eventually saw a small exhibition of Whistler’s Venice paintings after being sold the wrong tickets (with no refund) by a sour-faced museum attendant at the Museo Correr (no we really did not want to be route-marched round the archeological exhibits first!). Then we went round the Doge’s Palace which was as much a delight inside as it was outside. The queue for the Basilica San Marco was very long and so we missed the opportunity to see inside, however as I definitely intend to come back I’ll be able to see it then. This is what I always say when I miss seeing something when visiting a beautiful city – despite two visits to Rome I still haven’t seen the inside of the Pantheon, so I’m sure I’ll go back as I still have something I definitely want to see.
Sepia ink-pen in large moleskine

2 Comments:

Blogger Peceli and Wendy's Blog said...

What is eight euros in Oz money? Lovely little drawing. Earl Grey tea - well I've been living on it today - adding ginger, lemon and honey for a nasty dose of some virus I picked up. Cough all the time and shiver and ache so I've been listening to the radio - in bed - msot of the day so far!
w.

8/29/2007 4:59 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

I don't know wendy – eight dollars maybe?
Hope you get better soon

8/29/2007 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home